Sharing is caring!
After seeing a message on a whatsapp group i belonged asking “can i get an original product to buy from jumia”. I saw the need to write on what jumia is, how its operated and some other stuffs.
Jumia, formerly known as Africa Internet Group (AIG), is a system of online commerces, marketplaces and classifieds websites and applications created in 2012. Started in Lagos, the company has a presence across 23 African countries.
The first company to launch, Jumia, is an online shopping website for electronics and fashion. It launched in Lagos, in June 2012 and was followed by Jumia Market (formerly Kaymu), a community based online marketplaces in September of that same year. Jumia Travel (formerly Jovago), an online hotel booking platform was launched in Nigeria in June 2013, just before Jumia House (formerly Lamudi), Jumia Car (formerly Carmudi) and Jumia Food (formerly Hellofood). The last two services, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Deals were launched in April 2015. As of 2017, there are 126 websites in activity across 23 African countries.
Jumia provides 100% authentic products, with the best price. These are things you should note about the buying and selling scope on jumia.
(1) Jumia (“Jumia”) owns and operates a platform in Nigeria that allows merchants to sell their products to the public over the internet. This platform is currently provided on the website www.jumia.com.ng, but may be provided on different websites or applications in the future.
(2) The merchant will have the opportunity to sell their products on the Jumia platform. Jumia is entitled to accept purchases on behalf of the seller. The service provided by Jumia is limited to referring customers to the merchant and accepting orders and payments on their behalf. In addition to this at Jumia’s discretion they may provide the merchant with analytics about the performance of the merchant’s products and additional marketing support. This support may be reflective of the agreed level of commission.
(3) The merchant authorizes Jumia to accept binding orders from customers on their behalf.
(4) Jumia may carry out changes to the website or service, or suspend the service, without notice.
Many people believe Jumia is a company like Nike or H.P that sells all thos varieties of products available on their website. But this isn’t so, as jumia is an online shopping platform just like a network that connects you with a reliable seller of a product but this time the connector makes sure the transaction is successful. I believe most people who don’t know what jumia is will benefit from this post.
For more tips visit our tech-tips page
Sharing is caring!
- How to record phone calls using TrueCaller
- Top six features of the Apple iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max
- Oppo A7x Specifications and Price in Nigeria & China
- Master & Dynamic MW07 first truly wireless earbuds
- Little Singham Mobile Game Launched
- How to Unlock PdaNet – PdaNet Unlock Code
- NNU Income Program – Make Easy and Steady Money