Sharing is caring!
Virtually everyone uses a computer at home or in school, and as it seems a necessity every computer has an antivirus installed on it.
Antivirus are used in combating virus, well not all do their job, since they aren’t working. Here i will enlighten you on how to test if an antivirus is working. An antivirus program protects the computer not only against viruses but also worms, spywares, Trojans, etc.
Firstly I would enlighten you on how an antivirus system works. Most of the commercial antivirus soft-wares uses two techniques:
- Uses virus dictionary to look for known viruses while examining files.
- Detects suspicious behavior from any computer program.
- Virus Dictionary Approach: While examining the files the antivirus softwares refers to the dictionary of known viruses identified by the author of the antivirus software. If a bit of code in the file matches with that of the virus in the dictionary, then the antivirus software can either delete the file or repair the file by removing the virus or quarantine it.
- Suspicious Behavior Approach: The antivirus software monitors the behavior of all programs instead of identifying the known viruses. Whenever a programs with suspicious behavior is found, the software alerts the user and asks what to do. The system proves to be a little more effective in the advent of a new virus.
Now lets get to the main topic on how to test if a antivirus is working.
How to test if an antivirus is working or not
Step by Step procedure on how to test if an antivirus is working or not
- I suppose you have an antivirus on your computer, but if you don’t have one, you could get from these lists of sites
- Search for notepad or probably notepad++ and open it
- Paste these codes and save them;
- Rename the file from my New Text Document.TXT to techtipvirus.txt.
- Run the antivirus scan on the techtipvirus.txt or just wait for some minutes if the antivirus has real-time protection.
- If the antivirus if functioning properly, it generates a warning and immediately deletes the file.
Sharing is caring!
- How to record phone calls using TrueCaller
- Top six features of the Apple iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max
- Oppo A7x Specifications and Price in Nigeria & China
- Master & Dynamic MW07 first truly wireless earbuds
- Little Singham Mobile Game Launched
- How to Unlock PdaNet – PdaNet Unlock Code
- NNU Income Program – Make Easy and Steady Money