Sharing is caring!
You had or you have or you will still be one day in the situation whereby you are wondering which sim to buy, and moreover everyone wants the best. But the fact is no network is best in all aspect, they all have their aspect in which they are good & bad at, for example, Glo offers very nice data plans, but their network isn’t available most of the times.
Currently in Nigeria, we have 4 major network – Globacom, MTN (Mobile Telephone Networks), Airtel and Etisalat which is now 9mobile.
Globacom Limited (or GLO) is a Nigerian multinational telecommunications company headquartered in Lagos. GLO is a privately owned telecommunications carrier that started operations on 29 August 2003. It currently operates in four countries in West Africa, namely Nigeria, Republic of Benin,Ghana and Cote d’Ivoire. As of June 2009, the company has employed more than 2,500 people worldwide.
GLO has an estimate of over 34 million subscribers (April 2016) of which 26 million are internet subscribers and it is a 100 percent Nigerian owned company.
GLO built an $800 million high-capacity fibre-optic cable known as Glo-1, a submarine cable from the United Kingdom to Nigeria but still provides extremely slow and unstable internEW connection to subscribers.
GLO is privately owned by the Mike Adenuga Group which also consists of ETB (Equitorial Trust Bank), now merged with the Sterling Bank, Conoil PLC, a petroleum marketing company, and Conoil Producing, a crude exploration company.
Bharti Airtel Limited is an Indian global telecommunication services company based in New Delhi, India . It operates in 18 countries across South Asia and Africa. Airtel provides GSM, 3G and 4G LTE mobile services, fixed line broadband and voice services depending upon the country of operation. Airtel is also testing VoLTE technology across five cities in India and should roll out the technology towards the end of 2017. It is the largest mobile network operator in India and the third largest in the world with 400 million subscribers. Airtel was named India’s second most valuable brand in the first ever Brandz ranking by MillWard Brown and WPP Plc.
MTN Group, formerly M-Cell, is a South Africa-based multinational mobile telecommunication company, operating in many African, European and countries. Its head office is in Johannesburg. As of 30 June 2016, MTN recorded 232,6 million subscribers across its operations. Although MTN operates in over 20 countries, one-third of its revenues come from Nigeria, where it holds about 35% market share.
Now am going to compare these networks based on:
- Data Speed.
- Network Availability.
- Voice and Data Call Rates.
- Customer Services.
1. Data Speed: When it comes to data speed, you would want to think twice because most people don’t want for wait while pages load. But i personally want to let you know that Glo can give a ver high data speed when you are at a very nice location but most of the time network is always unavailable so i willl advise you against it.
Airtel → MTN → Etisalat → Globacom.
2. Network Availability: I will rank Airtel best at this, then followed by Mtn then by 9mobile, then lastly the notorious Glo.
3. Call and Data Rate: I have to say Glo is the boss in this, then the 2nd runner-up will be 9mobile → MTN → Airtel.
4. Customer’s Service: Am still debating which to give the worst to between MTN and Glo, their network is so whack, but the best is Etisalat followed by Airtel.
5. Promo: Glo is the boss in that.
The Best Network
I believe from the above you should be able to chose the one you think is the best.
Note: Your comments are highly appreciated.
Sharing is caring!
- How to record phone calls using TrueCaller
- Top six features of the Apple iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max
- Oppo A7x Specifications and Price in Nigeria & China
- Master & Dynamic MW07 first truly wireless earbuds
- Little Singham Mobile Game Launched
- How to Unlock PdaNet – PdaNet Unlock Code
- NNU Income Program – Make Easy and Steady Money